July 24, 2019
Lead Solar Installer
By Lead Solar Installer
Do you love snowy winters, cold rivers, and the ability to find adventure in your own backyard? If mountain biking, world class fly-fishing, and fresh powder skiing are your thing, then make a career of protecting them by way of renewable energy. Creative Energies is looking for motivated individuals to join our team. We are a community of solar craftsmen who care deeply about our co-workers, our customers, and the environment. We are engaged in our communities, live healthy outdoor lifestyles, and try to balance the needs of work and life. We practice what we preach by operating out of Net Zero Energy offices. Creative Energies is devoted to the mountain towns we work, live, and play in. We have come together to do our part in sustaining this amazing world we share. Join our thoughtful team who have come together to create environmentally sustainable communities.
Overview of Position
The Lead Solar Installer is responsible for the efficient installation of solar power systems on residential and commercial buildings in a safe manner, within Creative Energies’ Wyoming and Idaho operations area. The Lead Solar Installer plays a central role in project construction and service calls and works as part of a team to accomplish safe, timely, and quality solar power installations of roof and ground-mounted systems. He/She/They interacts directly with our customers at the time of installation and will be a primary representative of the company
Principle Duties and Responsibilities
Project Installation (85% of Time)
- Responsible for the accurate construction of solar project and coordinating with the electrician crew to build a functional solar power system according to specified design and make onsite construction decisions as needed
- Provides guidance and leadership to crew on the jobsite as well as member of installation team.
- Works directly with customers as needed at the time of installation
- Delegates and communicates installation tasks to team members
- Communicates and reports project and team updates and performance to Operations Team
- Loads and secures project materials and tools in trucks and trailers
- Understands and has ability to set up and follow safety procedures and regulations at all project sites
- Assures that job sites are clean and orderly and makes sure that all jobsite waste is recycled or properly disposed
- Facilitates pre-project planning and post-project debriefings for the install crew
- Performs service calls, including system diagnosis and repair; works with technical support services as needed
Project Management and Administration (10% of the Time)
- Participates in active communication between the installation team, and Operations Team
- Performs pre-installation site visits
- May assist in gathering and submitting permit information
- Assembles and records project documentation
Other Areas of responsibility (5% of the Time)
- Shop organization and maintenance projects at Creative Energies' office location
- Minor repairs or maintenance of vehicles
- Order or purchase equipment, supplies or tools for projects as needed
- Solar specific training coursework
- Assist Installers with training and meeting their responsibilities
- Check email and update project tracking tools daily
Travel and work schedule: This is a full-time position; Installers work 40-hour weeks (10-hour days usually Monday to Thursday), with some adjustments made in the winter months.
- Concentrated project areas are in the greater Jackson Hole area of Wyoming including Teton Valley of ID and around Wyoming and Idaho. Some work will occur at projects in Utah. Work may entail travel 3 nights a week, depending on base office location.
- Travel and associated costs are covered by Creative Energies.
- At least 1 year of solar installation experience
- Prepared and tolerant to work outdoors in all weather conditions;
- A solid understand of jobsite safety, OSHA rules related to construction work
- Comfortable and competent to work on roofs, ladders, in attics, and around excavation sites safely and efficiently;
- A positive member of a team and clear communication skills;
- Must be able to lift 75 pounds;
- Must have valid driver’s license
- Interest in obtaining NABCEP Certification
To apply for the Lead Installer position, please send resume AND cover letter to email@example.com.
Creative Energies is an equal opportunity employer where an applicant's qualifications are considered without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other basis prohibited by law. We encourage women and individuals with diverse backgrounds to apply.