March 29, 2021
By Creative Energies
Position Title: Communications Coordinator
Base Location: Salt Lake City, UT
Classification: Full Time
Compensation Range: $18-20 depending on experience
Overview of CE:
Creative Energies is a community of adventurous solar craftspeople who care deeply about the work we do and our impact on the environment. We are engaged in our communities, live outdoor lifestyles, and strive for a healthy life-work balance. Creative Energies is devoted to the mountain regions in which we work, live, and play. We take pride in the work we do and are driven to continually learn and improve. Our people are our most important asset. We hire and choose our team members carefully. We continually strive to do our best work, serve our customers well, and have some fun while doing it.
Summary of Position:
The Communications Coordinator (Comms Coordinator) role is a vital part of the Creative Energies team to build renewable energy systems throughout Utah, Idaho, and Wyoming. The position is responsible for the company’s internal and external communication with team members and customers. They will be a central role in the daily operations not only in Salt Lake City but company-wide, including Victor and Lander office communications. The Comms Coordinator will keep office systems for communications maintained and orderly.
This position is often the first and last voice customers, project contractors, and community partners hear from Creative Energies. The Comms Coordinator answers incoming calls from existing customers and potential leads. They facilitate customer feedback surveys. This customer service role requires a friendly approach and professionalism at all times.
Communication and Data Entry (85% of Time)
● Answer phone company-wide
● Transfer calls to appropriate team member or department
● Qualify leads for solar suitability
● Answer customer and team member questions
● Enter contact information data and log communications
● Assign leads to sales reps
● Assign service calls to local service department
● Assign inspector calls to project department
● Monitor and answers customer inquiries via email, webchat, and social media
● Represent Creative Energies at community events
Marketing and Social Media (15% of the Time)
● Actively participate in maintaining vibrant social presence
● Help with marketing campaigns, programs, and special projects
● Contribute news stories and info to blog and social media
● Possess a positive attitude and enjoy collaborative work environments
● Exhibit clear and concise communication skills (verbal and written)
● Have an interest and enthusiasm for solar energy
● Demonstrate a can-do attitude and be comfortable stepping outside of defined role as needed.
● Must have a valid driver’s license
● Experience in customer service and communication
● Relevant marketing experience is a plus
● Data entry experience is a plus
High school diploma/GED required
Bachelor's degree in relevant major is preferred
Travel and Work schedule:
Monday-Friday 8-5 in the Salt Lake City office with some event support during evenings and weekends.
Occasional travel to offices in Wyoming and Idaho.
The Communications Coordinator position reports to the Marketing Manager.
Creative Energies is an equal opportunity employer. All aspects of employment will be based on merit, competence, performance, and business needs. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, marital status, age, national origin, ancestry, physical or mental disability, medical condition, pregnancy, genetic information, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity orexpression, veteran status, or any other status protected under federal, state, or local law. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees.