Nov. 23, 2021
Construction Team Manager
By Creative Energies
Position Title: Construction Team Manager
Base Location: Salt Lake City, UT
Classification: Full Time
Compensation: $26-28/hour depending on experience
Overview of CE:
Creative Energies is a community of adventurous solar craftspeople who care deeply about the work we do and our impact on the environment. We are engaged in our communities, live outdoor lifestyles, and strive for a healthy life-work balance. Creative Energies is devoted to the mountain regions in which we work, live, and play. We take pride in the work we do and are driven to continually learn and improve. Our people are our most important asset. We hire and choose our co-workers carefully. We continually strive to do our best work, serve our customers well, and have some fun while doing it.
Summary of Position:
The Construction Team Manager is responsible for project planning and technical site visits, leadership, management, accountability and training for field team leads, and technical problem solving.
Project Planning/Technical Site Visits (50%)
- Confirming project details with customer
- Conduct site visit on all sold projects
- Pre-project construction planning coordinated with Design Team
- Coordination and planning with electrical subcontractors
- Estimate adequate resources and skills per project
Leadership/Management/Training of Field Leads (30%)
- Participate in project installation
- Maintain safety practices and procedures
- Participate in hiring process of new installers and electricians
- Field team orientation training
- Review and facilitate installer development
- Champion and maintain team health
- Learn and implement new products
- Supervise team leads
Technical Problem Solving (15%)
- Assist field team with trouble-shooting project challenges
- Assist with BOM generation
- Provide guidance on electrical equipment ordering
Professional Development (5% of time):
- Participate in courses and training as time allows
- Must be able to lift 30 - 50 pounds
- Excellent communication and organizational skills
- Excellent field engineering and workflow management skills
- Must be a team player adept at creative problem solving
- 3-years’ experience in leadership / management roles
- Comfortable working in an active, open work area, and climbing ladders
- Must have a valid driver’s license.
- Computer skills Proficient in G-suite and other computer programs
- Time management and prioritization skills
- Proficient in Grid-tied Solar installations and design
- Knowledge of electrical codes and safety
- OSHA10 is preferred
- NABCEP Certification is preferred
- High school diploma or equivalent
Travel and Work schedule:
Individuals work with a flexible schedule, coordinated with other team members. Generally the team works M-Th from 7a-5p. Occasional travel including out-of-state and overnight will be needed for training, staff meetings and to support Creative Energies team operations.
All team members are required to have current Covid-19 vaccinations, or complete within 45 days of employment. Creative Energies provides paid time for team members to complete their vaccinations. For Team Members who do not wish to get their Covid-19 vaccination we require weekly covid testing.
Creative Energies offers a full suite of benefits including Medical, Dental, and Vision Insurance; Simple IRA with 3% Employer Match; Paid Time Off (14 days in Year 1 + 6 Paid Holidays); Cell Phone Reimbursement, and more. A waiting period may apply for some benefits.
The Construction Team Manager reports to the Field Team Manager. They supervise the Lead Installers and Lead Electricians in their local office.
Creative Energies is an equal opportunity employer. All aspects of employment will be based on merit, competence, performance, and business needs. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, marital status, age, national origin, ancestry, physical or mental disability, medical condition, pregnancy, genetic information, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity orexpression, veteran status, or any other status protected under federal, state, or local law. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees.