Aug. 10, 2022
Solar Installer / Apprentice Electrician
By Creative Energies
Position Title: Solar Installer / Apprentice Electrician
Base Location: Lander, WY
Classification: Full Time
Overview of CE:
Creative Energies is a community of solar craftspeople who value diversity and inclusivity within our team. We believe a strong team is a diverse one. As a certified B Corp, we are committed to using business as a force for good by providing a comfortable living wage, opportunities for advancement, and a manageable schedule for our team members. Whether in the office or in the field, Creative Energies is a safe place for people from all backgrounds and communities. The care and respect that we give to each other translates fully to the service we provide our clients. We are looking for folks of all backgrounds and personalities to add to our team as we grow. We invite you to join us in leading our communities into a clean energy future.
Summary of Position:
The Solar Installer / Apprentice Electrician is responsible for the installation and electrical portion of our projects that include residential and commercial scale grid-connected photovoltaic systems. In addition to system installation, they will plan and install conduit and wire for DC and AC wire runs, install and wire inverter systems and energy monitoring equipment. They will work with permitting offices and electrical inspectors and will be responsible for completing electrical work in a Code-compliant manner. They will work along with solar installers and system designers as a member of our solar installation team. This person will be supported by Creative Energies on their path from Apprentice to Journeyman with all licensing fees and applicable education covered by the company.
Principal Duties and Responsibilities:
Perform Installation and Electrical Work (95% of Time):
- Participates as a team member on solar installations; communicates respectfully and clearly with all team members.
- Loads and secures project materials and tools in trucks and on trailer for complete project installation
- Constructs top quality solar installations including racking, wiring, and paneling
- Performs code compliant electrical work in the field for solar power system installations and service
- Understands and follows safety procedures and regulations at all project sites
- Assures that job sites are clean and orderly, and makes sure the job site waste is sorted for appropriate recycling and disposed of properly
- Works directly with customers as needed, often at the time of installation
- Constructs top quality solar installations including racking, wiring and paneling
- Performs service calls, including system diagnosis and repair
Professional Development: (5% of time, approximately 2 weeks/year)
- Completes training as needed to meet Electrician continuing education requirements.
- Completes renewable energy specific training and workshops.
- Ability to work on roofs
- Ability to lift equipment up to 75 pounds
- Valid driver's license
- At least 1 year active electrician apprentice experience
- Experience and/or training in solar
- High School or equivalent
- Valid WY Apprentice Electrician License
Electricians will receive relevant on-the-job training to become a skilled solar electrician. Creative Energies financially supports electricians as they move through the career path of apprentice to Journeyman Electrician and Master Electrician.
Travel and Work Schedule:
Creative Energies installs solar Monday-Thursday between 7a-5p, and our Electricians work 4 10-hour shifts. Time spent traveling to project sites or to other Creative Energies office locations is paid time. Hours worked in excess of 40 per week are compensated at time-and-a-half.
Project work will occur throughout the Lander, WY and Wyoming area, including support to the Victor, ID office projects as needed.
- Overnight travel of 6 to 12 nights per month
- Weekly hours will fluctuate based on seasonal work flow; during the winter months of January and February work schedule may be altered
All team members are required to have current Covid-19 vaccinations, or complete within 45 days of employment. Creative Energies provides paid time for team members to complete their vaccinations.
Creative Energies offers a full suite of benefits including Medical, Dental, and Vision Insurance; Simple IRA with 3% Employer Match; Paid Time Off (14 days in Year 1 + 6 Paid Holidays); Cell Phone Reimbursement, and more. A waiting period may apply for some benefits.
The Solar Installer / Apprentice Electrician is supervised by and reports directly to the Construction Team Lead but takes direction and follows instructions from Lead Electrician or Lead Installer while on the job to ensure safety, installation accuracy and project documentation.
Creative Energies is an equal opportunity employer. All aspects of employment will be based on merit, competence, performance, and business needs. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, marital status, age, national origin, ancestry, physical or mental disability, medical condition, pregnancy, genetic information, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity orexpression, veteran status, or any other status protected under federal, state, or local law. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees.