Sept. 23, 2021
By Creative Energies
Position Title: Electrician
Base Location: Lander, WY
Classification: Full Time
Overview of CE:
Creative Energies is a community of adventurous solar craftspeople who care deeply about the work we do and our impact on the environment. We are engaged in our communities, live outdoor lifestyles, and strive for a healthy life-work balance. Creative Energies is devoted to the mountain regions in which we work, live, and play. We take pride in the work we do and are driven to continually learn and improve. Our people are our most important asset. We hire and choose our co-workers carefully. We continually strive to do our best work, serve our customers well, and have some fun while doing it.
Summary of Position:
The Electrician is responsible for the electrical portion of our solar installations on projects that include residential and commercial scale grid-connected photovoltaic systems. The Electrician will plan and install conduit and wire for DC and AC wire runs, install and wire inverter systems and energy monitoring equipment. They will work with permitting offices and electrical inspectors and will be responsible for completing electrical work in a Code-compliant manner. They will work along with solar installers and system designers as a member of our solar installation team.
Principal Duties and Responsibilities
Perform electrical work (80% of Time):
- Performs code compliant electrical work in the field for solar power system installations and service
- Participates as a team member on solar installations and communicates respectfully and clearly with all team members.
- Understands and follows safety procedures and regulations at all project sites
- Works directly with customers as needed, often at the time of installation
- Constructs top quality solar installations including racking, wiring and paneling
- Performs service calls, including system diagnosis and repair
Professional Development: (5% of time, approximately 2 weeks/year)
- Completes training as needed to meet Electrician continuing education requirements.
- Completes renewable energy specific training and workshops.
- Applicant to be physically fit, able to work on roofs
- Ability to lift equipment up to 75 pounds
- Valid driver's license
- Prior electrical experience
- Experience and/or training in solar
- Valid Electrical Journeyman License in local office’s state
Electricians will receive relevant on-the-job training to become a skilled solar electrician. Creative Energies supports electricians as they move through the career path of apprentice to Journeyman Electrician and Master Electrician.
Travel and Work schedule:
Electricians work 40-hour weeks. Time spent traveling to project sites or to other Creative Energies office locations is paid time. Our field work is often scheduled as four 10-hour days per week, with some adjustments made in the winter months. Hours worked in excess of 40 per week are compensated at time-and-a-half.
- Project work will occur throughout the Lander, WY and Wyoming area, including support to the Vic office projects as needed.
- Overnight travel of 6 to 12 nights per month
- Weekly hours will fluctuate based on seasonal work flow; during the winter months of January and February work schedule may be altered.
Creative Energies offers a full suite of benefits including Medical, Dental, and Vision Insurance; Simple IRA with 3% Employer Match; Paid Time Off (14 days in Year 1 + 4 Paid Holidays); Cell Phone Reimbursement, and more. A waiting period may apply for some benefits.
The Electrician is supervised by and reports directly to the Construction Team Lead but takes direction and follows instructions from Lead Electrician while on the job to ensure safety, installation accuracy and project documentation. Electricians interact closely with install team members, customers and sales team when needed.
Creative Energies is an equal opportunity employer. All aspects of employment will be based on merit, competence, performance, and business needs. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, marital status, age, national origin, ancestry, physical or mental disability, medical condition, pregnancy, genetic information, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity orexpression, veteran status, or any other status protected under federal, state, or local law. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees.