May 18, 2020
By Creative Energies Team
Base Location: Salt Lake City, UT
Overview of Position
The Marketing Manager is the guardian of all things brand and is responsible for ensuring that the products, services, and people that fall under the brand development and marketing efforts resonate with current and potential customers. She/He leads customer-facing communication, will define the departmental vision and instill it in all levels of the organization to make up part of the working culture. The Marketing Manager oversees the planning process inclusive of the definition of target consumers and the development of marketing mix and strategies on customer brand interaction in order to encourage increased sales.
At this capacity, the Marketing Manager also leads the development and refinement of the brand’s messages and creative designs in order to attract potential customers. The Marketing Manager also leads customer-facing communication approaches and serves as a primary marketing point of contact with the external business partners, enabling strong, collaborative working relationships.
Reporting Structure and Interaction
The Marketing Manager works and collaborates closely with the Sales Team Lead and reports directly to the Integrator of the company. The Marketing Manager directly supervises the Communications Coordinator and the Marketing Coordinator.
The Marketing Manager interacts closely with sales staff, owners, project managers, and accounting internally. Externally, marketing and brand interacts with existing non-profit partners, existing for-profit partners and vendors, and potential future partners. The Marketing Manager also plays a leading role in the establishment of the business’s brand building strategies across all channels. This is done in collaboration with key individuals in sales, project management, and owners.
The Marketing Manager is based out of the Salt Lake City office, and travels to the headquarters in Lander WY and Victor ID approximately once per quarter. Salary is dependent upon experience and job performance.
Principle Duties and Responsibilities
- Creates, implements, and maintains the five year Strategic Marketing Plan
- Creates, implements, and maintains annual Marketing Budget
- Creates, implements, and maintains Referral Program
- Creates, implements, and maintains Give Back Program
- Ownership of logo, style guides, brand guidelines, brand vision, and value proposition for short as well as long term
- Builds and maintains partnerships/relationships with environmentally aligned non profit organizations
- Plans and executions of all communications and media actions on all channels
- Creates and manages promotional collateral to establish and maintain branding
- Plans and designs social media strategies
- Plans, designs, and implements community engagement strategies
- Tracks digital analytics and growth
- Ownership of company communications including press releases, interviews, and articles
- Designs, distributes, and analyzes company wide employee surveys
- Oversees ordering and distribution of logo’d materials
Travel: About 20% of work will be outside of Salt Lake area.
- Bachelor’s degree in brand, marketing, business, or related field
- At least 4 years experience in marketing
- At least 2 years experience in community engagement
- At least 4 years experience in Social Media Marketing
- Experience in graphic design and website design
- Supervisory experience
- Analytical skills
- Brand awareness - a clear understanding of brands and the marketing mix
- Determination and perseverance
- Relationship management skills, clear written and verbal communications
- Proven strong focus on results
- Corporate relationship building
- Non profit experience
Creative Energies is an equal opportunity employer. All aspects of employment will be based on merit, competence, performance, and business needs. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, marital status, age, national origin, ancestry, physical or mental disability, medical condition, pregnancy, genetic information, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran status, or any other status protected under federal, state, or local law. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees.
How to Apply:
Submit cover letter and resume to: Kelly Carter, firstname.lastname@example.org