June 29, 2021
Monitoring Technician - Salt Lake City, UT
By Creative Energies
Position Title: Monitoring Technician
Base Location: Salt Lake City
Classification: Full Time
Compensation Range: $18-$20/hour
Overview of CE:
Creative Energies is a community of adventurous solar craftspeople who care deeply about the work we do and our impact on the environment. We are engaged in our communities, live outdoor lifestyles, and strive for a healthy life-work balance. Creative Energies is devoted to the mountain regions in which we work, live, and play. We take pride in the work we do and are driven to continually learn and improve. Our people are our most important asset. We hire and choose our co-workers carefully. We continually strive to do our best work, serve our customers well, and have some fun while doing it.
Summary of Position:
Responsible for post-project wrap-up and customer communications in the local office. Work will focus on communication with customers, project and customer record keeping, inspections and setting up a monitoring site.
Project Wrap Up and Customer Communications of local office (95% of time)
- Maintain and document frequent and positive contact with customers in coordination with the Project Manager and other team members.
- Coordinate inspections and walkthroughs
- Review plaque schedule, create or obtain the plaque required by the NEC, and coordinate installation prior to inspection
- Create monitoring site
- Confirm system is working properly
- Monitor system before 30 days after completion
- Share access (or walk through) monitoring portal with customer
- Prepare system orientation and hand-off documents
- Coordinate or perform the commissioning of systems
- Identify any punch list items that need further follow up
- Ensure that the proper photos are taken and upload documentation of the system
- Customer orientation
Professional Development (5% of time):
- Participate in courses and training as time allows
- Must be able to lift 30 - 50 pounds
- Comfortable working in an active, open work area, and climbing ladders
- Clear and positive communications, both verbal and written.
- Must have a valid driver’s license.
- Computer skills Proficient in G-suite and other computer programs
- Time management and prioritization skills
- OSHA10 is preferred
- High school diploma or equivalent
Travel and Work schedule:
Individuals work with a flexible schedule, coordinated with other team members. Occasional travel including out-of-state and overnight will be needed for training, staff meetings and to support Creative Energies team operations.
Travel may account for up to 50% of the time, in the local office operating area.
The Monitoring Technician is supervised by and reports to the Project Manager regarding schedule, logistics, and construction details. The Monitoring Technician interacts closely with the project, installation, and electrical teams.
Creative Energies is an equal opportunity employer. All aspects of employment will be based on merit, competence, performance, and business needs. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, marital status, age, national origin, ancestry, physical or mental disability, medical condition, pregnancy, genetic information, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity orexpression, veteran status, or any other status protected under federal, state, or local law. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees.