Sept. 8, 2021
Procurement Team Lead
By Creative Energies
Position Title: Procurement Team Lead
Base Location: Salt Lake City, UT
Classification: Full Time
Compensation: $23-25/per hour based on experience
Overview of Creative Energies
Creative Energies is a community of adventurous solar craftspeople who care deeply about the work we do and our impact on the environment. We are engaged in our communities, live outdoor lifestyles, and strive for a healthy life-work balance. Creative Energies is devoted to the mountain regions in which we work, live, and play. We take pride in the work we do and are driven to continually learn and improve. Our people are our most important asset. We hire and choose our co-workers carefully. We continually strive to do our best work, serve our customers well, and have some fun while doing it.
Summary of Position
The Procurement Team Lead is responsible for buying the best quality equipment, goods and services for the company at the most competitive prices. The Procurement Team Lead oversees supply chain management, purchasing, manages relationships with suppliers, and oversees shipping and delivery. They will also oversee the warehouse at our Salt Lake City office, including managing the warehouse inventory, staging materials for upcoming projects, and periodic audits of inventory. The Procurement Team Lead will work closely with the Design and Project Teams and contribute to development of a capable and efficient Procurement process.
Solar equipment procurement (70% of time)
- Purchase equipment, oversee freight and delivery, track and troubleshoot deliveries
- Manage the purchase order system
- Direct staging of materials for residential projects
- Receive shipments, help unload trucks
- Manage interoffice transfers of equipment
- Manage and maintain the product/pricing database
- Provide in-house training
- Assess the environmental and social sustainability of our purchasing options
Manage the warehouse operations (30% of time)
- Inventory supply and maintain inventory documentation
- Prepare and stage solar monitoring equipment for individual addresses
- Prepare project packing list for each job and ensure equipment availability
- Maintain warehouse in clean and orderly fashion
- Provide leadership, management and accountability to the procurement team
- Be well versed in solar power equipment choices
- Accurately track panel and inverter inventory
- Effectively partners with the Project Manager to manage weekly project schedule
- Prepare project equipment list for 3-5 jobs per week
- Stage proper materials for approximately 3-5 jobs per week
- Keep clear records and meet timelines for permit administration
- Accurately complete accounting of small inventory quarterly
- Highly organized and detail oriented.
- Able to operate forklift (training to be provided)
- Able to lift 50 pounds.
- Fluent with Microsoft Excel. Skilled with word processing and web-based applications.
- Entry-level NABCEP certification (preferred)
Travel and Work schedule:
Individuals work with a flexible schedule, coordinated with other team members. Occasional travel including out-of-state and overnight will be needed for training, team member meetings and to support Creative Energies team operations.
The Procurement Team Lead is supervised by the The Project Team Lead and provide leadership and supervision to the procurement and warehouse team members.
Creative Energies offers a full suite of benefits including Medical, Dental, and Vision Insurance; Simple IRA with 3% Employer Match; Paid Time Off (14 days in Year 1 + 4 Paid Holidays); Cell Phone Reimbursement, and more. A waiting period may apply for some benefits.
Equal Employment Opportunity:
Creative Energies is an equal opportunity employer. All aspects of employment will be based on merit, competence, performance, and business needs. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, marital status, age, national origin, ancestry, physical or mental disability, medical condition, pregnancy, genetic information, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity orexpression, veteran status, or any other status protected under federal, state, or local law. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees.