June 17, 2022
PV Design Engineer
By Creative Energies
Position Title: PV Design Engineer
Base Location: Salt Lake City, UT; Victor, ID; Lander, WY
Classification: Full Time
Overview of CE:
Creative Energies is a community of solar craftspeople who value diversity and inclusivity within our team. We believe a strong team is a diverse one. As a certified B Corp, we are committed to using business as a force for good by providing a comfortable living wage, opportunities for advancement, and a manageable schedule for our team members. Whether in the office or in the field, Creative Energies is a safe place for people from all backgrounds and communities. The care and respect that we give to each other translates fully to the service we provide our clients. We are looking for folks of all backgrounds and personalities to add to our team as we grow. We invite you to join us in leading our communities into a clean energy future.
Summary of Position:
This position is responsible for overseeing the design team and ensuring that all plan sets and one-lines are drafted properly and ready within the timelines set by the Project Team Lead. The PV Design Engineer will provide electrical guidance to the team including field electricians and sales team members. They are responsible for setting design standards and researching new equipment. They will also oversee plan set completion as well as training.
Duties and Responsibilities:
Leadership, Management, Accountability of department (30% of time):
- Leadership, Management, Accountability
- Internal design training
- Best practices: calculations, Code
- Plan set standards
- Participation in decision making behind implementing new equipment
Plan set completion (30% of time):
- Oversee plan set completion (residential, commercial and storage)
- Design and prepare commercial and large-scale plan sets
- Coordinating effectively with PM’s, CTL’s
Technical Support (30% of time):
- Provide support to Sales, Operations and Project Teams
Training and Professional Development (10% of time):
- Maintain knowledge of current Code requirements and industry best practices
- Stay current with evolving technologies
- Complete renewable energy specific training and workshops.
- PV System design experience (commercial, off-grid, storage preferred)
- Strong competency with spreadsheets and AutoCAD
- Strong communication skills
- Attention to detail
- Solution oriented
- Ability to multitask
- Hands on PV installation experience preferred
- Valid Driver’s License
- Bachelor or Associate’s degree preferred
- NABCEP Associate Credential or equivalent knowledge of electrical principles, photovoltaic systems and NEC requirements
Travel and Work Schedule:
Individuals work in office with a flexible schedule, coordinated with other team members. Occasional travel including out-of-state and overnight will be needed for training, team member meetings and to support Creative Energies team operations.
All team members are required to have current Covid-19 vaccinations, or complete within 45 days of employment. Creative Energies provides paid time for team members to complete their vaccinations.
Creative Energies offers a full suite of benefits including Medical, Dental, and Vision Insurance; Simple IRA with 3% Employer Match; Paid Time Off (14 days in Year 1 + 6 Paid Holidays); Cell Phone Reimbursement, and more. A waiting period may apply for some benefits.
The PV Design Engineer reports to the Project Team Lead of the company and supervises the Residential Solar, Residential Solar + Storage, Off-grid, and Commercial Designers.
Creative Energies is an equal opportunity employer. All aspects of employment will be based on merit, competence, performance, and business needs. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, marital status, age, national origin, ancestry, physical or mental disability, medical condition, pregnancy, genetic information, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran status, or any other status protected under federal, state, or local law. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees.