June 10, 2021
Service Tech - Lander, WY
By Creative Energies
Position Title: Service Technician
Base Location: Lander
Classification: Full Time
Compensation Range: $18-20/hour
Overview of CE:
Creative Energies is a community of adventurous solar craftspeople who care deeply about the work we do and our impact on the environment. We are engaged in our communities, live outdoor lifestyles, and strive for a healthy life-work balance. Creative Energies is devoted to the mountain regions in which we work, live, and play. We take pride in the work we do and are driven to continually learn and improve. Our people are our most important asset. We hire and choose our co-workers carefully. We continually strive to do our best work, serve our customers well, and have some fun while doing it.
Summary of Position:
The Service Technician will be responsible for the installation, troubleshooting, operations, and maintenance of Creative Energies Service projects. Work focus includes but is not limited to grid-tied roof-mounted, and ground-mounted solar power systems; monitoring systems, energy storage systems, string inverters, MLPE, off-grid, and a variety of vintage equipment. A significant portion of time will be spent troubleshooting, diagnosing, fixing, and record-keeping service projects. Internal career advancement opportunities exist.
Project Installation & Field Work (80% of Time):
- Perform Service project installations, consultations, and site visits in the field
- Coordinate with owners and subcontractors regarding project details and site visits
- Support warranty claims through customer and manufacturer contact and documentation
- Travel to various local and remote projects is required. Some projects require travel on remote, gravel, mountainous roads (limited cell reception).
- Manage inventory of service equipment and tools
- Supervises other team members including Electricians and Installers as needed
- Perform necessary project documentation and record-keeping while on-site
Office Administration (15% of Time):
- Work with the local office Service Coordinator on project management tasks
- Administer project paperwork including Service Reports, WTF’s, and Warranty claims
- Independently manage equipment and manufacturer RMA/warranty claims
- Maintain Service equipment inventory in local office
- Support field crew and customers with technical support expertise
- Navigate, track, and generate reports on web-based monitored PV installations
- Provide phone and email support for service needs
Training (5% of Time):
- Attend or enroll in technically based disciplines that help perform your current job in an increased professional capacity: electrical, Solar Energy International, Amicus O&M, recertifications
- Study best practices for Service projects
- At least 1 year of related professional experience.
- PV equipment installation and troubleshooting, or PV design experience
- Understanding of electrical theory/installation
- Must have valid driver’s license
- Understanding of solar equipment function and warranty
- Completion of PV101 (or equivalent)
- Minimum of NABCEP Photovoltaic Associate credential
- Electrical licensure or training preferred
- Enrollment in electrical apprenticeship program strongly encouraged and available for Creative Energies team members
- Clear and positive communications, both verbal and written.
- Ability to understand, research, and perform technical duties
- Ability to troubleshoot and problem solve.
- Disciplined, thorough and with strong organizational skills.
- Ability to work independently, as well as part of a strong team.
- Positive attitude, creative problem solving, self-driven, teaching ability, reliability, highly adaptable, able to shift gears quickly, and think on feet, focused, patience, and willing to do what it takes to get the job done.
- Must be able to lift 100 pounds and work on roofs.
- Comfortable working in active outdoor/indoor work areas
Benefits: After a 60 day introductory period, our regular team members are eligible for a full range of benefits including: Paid Time Off (14 days + 4 holidays in Year 1), Health/Dental/Vision Insurance, Simple IRA, Bonus/Profit Sharing, Cell Phone reimbursement, paid education opportunities, and more.
Travel and Work schedule:
Solar Installers, Service Technicians and Electricians work 40-hour weeks. Time spent traveling to project sites or to other Creative Energies office locations is paid time. Our field work is often scheduled as four 10-hour days per week, with adjustments made in the winter months. Hours worked in excess of 40 per week are compensated at time-and-a-half.
- Project work will occur throughout the Lander, WY and Wyoming area, and in the service areas of our Victor, ID and Salt Lake City, UT offices.
- Overnight travel of 6 to 12 nights per month
Travel time is paid time. Travel, hotel, and meal costs are covered by Creative Energies. Each night spent away from home for project construction is compensated with a $40 on-the-road bonus.
Service Technicians report directly to the Service Coordinator in their local office.
Creative Energies is an equal opportunity employer. All aspects of employment will be based on merit, competence, performance, and business needs. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, marital status, age, national origin, ancestry, physical or mental disability, medical condition, pregnancy, genetic information, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity orexpression, veteran status, or any other status protected under federal, state, or local law. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees.