May 15, 2020
Technical Solar Sales - Laramie, WY
By Creative Energies Team
Position Title: Technical Solar Sales, Laramie
Base Location: Laramie Wyoming, with work focus in Southwest Wyoming including Laramie, Cheyenne and surrounding communities and rural areas.
Overview of Creative Energies:
Creative Energies is a community of adventurous solar craftspeople who care deeply about the work we do and our impact on the environment. We are engaged in our communities, live outdoor lifestyles, and strive for a healthy life-work balance. Creative Energies is devoted to the mountain regions in which we work, live, and play. We take pride in the work we do and are driven to continually learn and improve. Our people are our most important asset. We hire and choose our co-workers carefully. We continually strive to do our best work, serve our customers well, and have some fun while doing it.
Summary of Position:
The Technical Solar Sales position is responsible for building and maintaining customer relationships as well as selling renewable energy systems. She/He performs project site visits, plans solar power systems, participates in community events as needed, enhances customer relations and prepares new projects for processing and construction.
Technical solar sales (80% of Time)
Community Engagement (15% of Time)
Professional development (5% of time)
Technical sales (80% of Time):
- Generate leads and respond to customer inquiries
- Meet with prospective customers, perform site visits, plan systems
- Develop system proposals and cost estimates
- Convert prospective customers to committed projects
- Provide Project Manager with all information required to hand off newly-sold projects
- Take lead role in RFPs and grant-based projects
Community Engagement (15% of Time):
- Attend trade shows, fairs and important public events in coordination with Marketing Manager
- Perform public presentations on renewable energy and Creative Energies
- Assist in development of marketing materials in conjunction with the Marketing Manager.
- Participate in community education and dialog regarding renewable energy
- Enhance customer and partner relationships
Professional development (5% of time)
- Ability to develop trust through authenticity and honesty.
- Technical background or aptitude in solar and related fields.
- Alignment with the Creative Energies culture.
- A commitment to excellent customer service from beginning to end
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Superb interpersonal skills, including the ability to quickly build rapport with Customers and partners
- Competency in G Suite
- Able to work comfortably and thrive in a self-directed environment
Education/Training: Bachelor’s degree in business, marketing, economics, engineering or related field
Travel and Work schedule:
Individuals work with a flexible schedule, coordinated with other team members. Occasional travel including out-of-state and overnight will be needed for training, team member meetings and to support Creative Energies team operations.
Approximately 10% of time will be spent traveling for sales work, meetings and training.
Reports to/Supervises: Reports directly to the Sales Team Leader. Works closely with the Lander Technical Salesperson and Lander Project Manager. Collaborates with the Marketing Manager on local marketing.
Compensation Range: $45,000 to $49,000 per year.
Creative Energies is an equal opportunity employer. All aspects of employment will be based on merit, competence, performance, and business needs. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, marital status, age, national origin, ancestry, physical or mental disability, medical condition, pregnancy, genetic information, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran status, or any other status protected under federal, state, or local law. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees.
How to Apply:
Contact for full Job Description or Questions:
www.cesolar.com, email@example.com, 307 332 3410
Submit cover letter and resume to: (Scott Kane, firstname.lastname@example.org)