Sept. 24, 2021
Technical Solar Sales
By Creative Energies
Overview of CE:
Creative Energies is a community of adventurous solar craftspeople who care deeply about the work we do and our impact on the environment. We are engaged in our communities, live outdoor lifestyles, and strive for a healthy life-work balance. Creative Energies is devoted to the mountain regions in which we work, live, and play. We take pride in the work we do and are driven to continually learn and improve. Our people are our most important asset. We hire and choose our co-workers carefully. We continually strive to do our best work, serve our customers well, and have some fun while doing it.
Compensation: Salary Depending on Experience
Location: Lander, WY
Summary of Position:
The Technical Solar Sales position is responsible for building and maintaining customer relationships as well as selling renewable energy systems. They perform project site visits, plan solar power systems, participates in community events as needed, enhances customer relations, and prepare new projects for processing and construction.
Technical sales (80% of Time):
- Generate leads and respond to customer inquiries
- Meet with prospective customers, perform site visits, plan systems
- Develop system proposals and cost estimates
- Convert prospective customers to committed projects
- Provide Project Manager with all information required to hand off newly-sold projects
- Take lead role in RFPs and grant-based projects
Community Engagement (15% of Time):
- Attend trade shows, fairs, and important public events in coordination with Marketing Manager
- Perform public presentations on renewable energy and Creative Energies
- Assist in development of marketing materials in conjunction with the Marketing Manager
- Participate in community education and dialog regarding renewable energy
- Enhance customer and partner relationships
Professional Development (5% of time):
- Participate in courses and training as time allows
- Ability to develop trust through authenticity and honesty
- Technical background or aptitude in solar and related fields
- Alignment with the Creative Energies culture
- A commitment to excellent customer service from beginning to end
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Superb interpersonal skills, including the ability to quickly build rapport with customers and partners
- Competency in G Suite
- Able to work comfortably and thrive in a self-directed environment
Bachelor’s degree in business, marketing, economics, engineering, or related field
Travel and Work schedule:
Individuals work with a flexible schedule, coordinated with other team members. Occasional travel including out-of-state and overnight will be needed for training, team member meetings and to support Creative Energies team operations.
Approximately 10% of time will be spent traveling for sales work, meetings and training.
Creative Energies offers a full suite of benefits including Medical, Dental, and Vision Insurance; Simple IRA with 3% Employer Match; Paid Time Off (14 days in Year 1 + 4 Paid Holidays); Cell Phone Reimbursement, and more. A waiting period may apply for some benefits.
Reports directly to the Sales Team Leader.
Creative Energies is an equal opportunity employer. All aspects of employment will be based on merit, competence, performance, and business needs. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, marital status, age, national origin, ancestry, physical or mental disability, medical condition, pregnancy, genetic information, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity orexpression, veteran status, or any other status protected under federal, state, or local law. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees.