Feb. 6, 2024
By Creative Energies
Position Title: Solar Installer
Base Location: Salt Lake City, UT
Classification: Full Time (Fully Benefited after 60-Day Introductory Period)
Compensation Range: Starting at $18.00/hour
Overview of Creative Energies:
Creative Energies is a community of solar craftspeople who value diversity and inclusivity within our team. We believe a strong team is a diverse one. As a certified B Corp, we are committed to using business as a force for good by providing a comfortable living wage, opportunities for advancement, and a manageable schedule for our team members. Whether in the office or in the field, Creative Energies is a safe place for people from all backgrounds and communities. The care and respect that we give to each other translates fully to the service we provide our clients. We are looking for folks of all backgrounds and personalities to add to our team as we grow. We invite you to join us in leading our communities into a clean energy future.
Summary of Position:
The Solar Installer is a critical part of our team who installs renewable energy systems throughout their local office area. They are responsible for the construction and installation of solar equipment on roofs and ground mounted solar arrays. Creative Energies works on a range of projects from small residential to utility scale commercial.
Project Installation (85% of Time)
- Participates as a team member on solar installations; communicates respectfully and clearly with all team members.
- Seeks project details prior to loading and departing for projects
- Loads and secures project materials and tools in trucks and on trailer for complete project installation
- Understands and follows safety procedures and regulations at all project sites
- Works directly with customers as needed, often at the time of installation
- Constructs top quality solar installations including racking, wiring, and paneling
- Assures that job sites are clean and orderly, and makes sure the jobsite waste is sorted for appropriate recycling and disposed of properly
- Performs service calls, including system diagnosis and repair
Project Management and Administration (5% of the Time)
- Performs per-installation site visits for information gathering/project preparation
- May assist in gathering and submitting permit information
- Assembles and completes project documentation
- Participates in active communication between the installation team and Project Team
Other Areas of responsibility (10% of the Time)
- Shop organization and maintenance projects at Creative Energies' office location
- Minor repairs or maintenance of vehicles and tools
- Order or purchase minor equipment, supplies or tools for projects as needed
- Solar specific training coursework, which may include electricity basics
- Check email and update project tracking tools daily
- Prepared and tolerant to work outdoors year-round in all weather conditions
- Ability to gain knowledge of use of tools and construction methods
- Comfortable and competent to work on roofs, ladders, in attics, and around excavation sites safely and efficiently
- Ability to lift 75 pounds and carry items up ladders
- Interest and enthusiasm for solar power technology
- Must have a valid driver’s license
High school diploma or equivalent.
Travel and Work schedule:
Solar Installers, Service Technicians and Electricians work 40-hour weeks. Time spent traveling to project sites or to other Creative Energies office locations is paid time. Our field work is often scheduled as four 10-hour days per week, with some adjustments made in the winter months. Hours worked in excess of 40 per week are compensated at time-and-a-half.
- Project work will occur throughout the greater Salt Lake City area with occasional work beyond our metro area. The majority of your work will be done in the local area, as day-trips.
- Overnight travel on occasions, as needed.
Work schedule is dependent on volume of work and seasonally variable given weather limitations. See Employee Handbook for unpaid time off policy and flexible work schedule details.
Travel time is paid. Travel, hotel, and meal costs are covered by Creative Energies. Each night spent away from home for project construction is compensated with a $40 on-the-road bonus.
The Solar Installer is supervised by and reports to the Construction Team Lead regarding schedule and logistics, while taking direction from the Lead Solar Installer while on the job to ensure safety, installation accuracy and project documentation. Installers interact closely with install team members, electricians, customers, and sales team when needed.
Equal Opportunity Employment:
Creative Energies is an equal opportunity employer. All aspects of employment will be based on merit, competence, performance, and business needs. We do not discriminate based on race, color, religion, marital status, age, national origin, ancestry, physical or mental disability, medical condition, pregnancy, genetic information, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran status, or any other status protected under federal, state, or local law. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees.
*Feel like you don’t quite meet every single requirement? Don’t rule yourself out! At Creative Energies we are dedicated to building a diverse, inclusive and authentic workplace, so if you’re excited about this role but your past experience doesn’t align perfectly with every qualification in the job description, we encourage you to apply anyways. You may be just the right candidate for this or other roles.