Feb. 6, 2024
Lead Solar Installer
By Creative Energies
Position Title: Lead Solar Installer
Base Location: Salt Lake City, UT
Classification: Full Time, (Fully Benefited after 60-Day Intro Period)
Compensation: $23.00+/hour (based on experience)
Overview of CE:
Creative Energies is a community of solar craftspeople who value diversity and inclusivity within our team. We believe a strong team is a diverse one. As a certified B Corp, we are committed to using business as a force for good by providing a comfortable living wage, opportunities for advancement, and a manageable schedule for our team members. Whether in the office or in the field, Creative Energies is a safe place for people from all backgrounds and communities. The care and respect that we give to each other translates fully to the service we provide our clients. We are looking for folks of all backgrounds and personalities to add to our team as we grow. We invite you to join us in leading our communities into a clean energy future.
Summary of Position:
The Lead Solar Installer is part of a team of solar craftspeople who build renewable energy systems throughout their local office area. The Lead Installer is a key part of the team who has the autonomy to direct the installation of the highest quality roof and ground mounted solar arrays. Creative Energies works on a range of projects from small residential to utility scale commercial. The Lead Installer will work on all of these and through excellent leadership and attention to detail they will help the whole team achieve success with each project.
Project Installation (85% of Time)
- Responsible for the accuracy and quality of construction of solar projects and coordination with the electrical crew to build functional solar power systems according to specified designs
- Make onsite construction decisions, as needed and document any changes
- Provides guidance and leadership to installation crew on the job for safety and installation.
- Communicates and reports project progress/updates to Project Team and customers
- Supervises site safety on all projects: Understands and follows safety procedures and helps other team members to stay safe
- Practices excellent customer service
Project Management and Administration (10% of the Time)
- Perform pre-installation site visits
- Assembles and records project documentation and effectively uses our web-based project software.
- Assures the quality of project installation
Other Areas of responsibility (5% of the Time)
- Shop organization and maintenance projects at Creative Energies' office location
- Minor repairs or maintenance of vehicles
- Order or purchase equipment, supplies or tools for projects as needed
- Solar specific training coursework
- Assist Installers with training and meeting their responsibilities
- Check email and update project tracking tools daily
- Provide support to service as needed
- Demonstrated understanding of solar array layout and design
- Demonstrated understanding of electricity, solar electric systems, and wire management
- Prepared and tolerant to work outdoors year-round in all weather conditions
- A solid understand of jobsite safety, OSHA rules related to construction work and ability to establish site specific safety plans
- Previous experience in solar
- Comfortable and competent to work on roofs, ladders, in attics, and around excavation sites safely and efficiently
- A positive member of a team and clear communication skills
- Must be able to lift 75 pounds
- Must have a valid driver’s license
- Experience in leadership roles
- Relevant construction experience including equipment operation (forklifts, mini-excavators, skid steers, or man-lifts)
- Demonstrated ability to use solar test tools (digital multimeter, irradiance meter, and IR temp sensor)
- High School Diploma or equivalent
- 1 Year of solar installation experience
- NABCEP Certification is a plus
The Lead Solar Installer receives relevant and diverse training to become a skilled and well-rounded solar installer. Hard work and motivation are rewarded and support for education towards national certification as a solar installer is available.
Travel and Work schedule:
Solar Installers, Service Technicians and Electricians work 40-hour weeks. Time spent traveling to project sites or to other Creative Energies office locations is paid time. Our field work is often scheduled as four 10-hour days per week, with some adjustments made in the winter months. Hours worked in excess of 40 per week are compensated at time-and-a-half.
- Salt Lake City:
- Project work will occur throughout the greater Salt Lake City area with occasional work beyond our metro area. The majority of your work will be done in the local area, as day-trips.
- Overnight travel on occasions, as needed.
- Travel time is paid. Travel, hotel, and meal costs are covered by Creative Energies. Each night spent away from home for project construction is compensated with a $40 on-the-road bonus.
The Lead Solar Installer is supervised by and reports to the Project Manager regarding schedule, logistics and construction details. Lead Solar Installers interact closely with all install team members, electricians, customers and sales team as needed. They directly supervise and lead the install crew on the job site.
Creative Energies is an equal opportunity employer. All aspects of employment will be based on merit, competence, performance, and business needs. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, marital status, age, national origin, ancestry, physical or mental disability, medical condition, pregnancy, genetic information, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran status, or any other status protected under federal, state, or local law. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees.